It might not be the New Year just yet, but it’s never too early to start working on your resolutions. This month marks the half-way point of our board term, and I’m proud to say we are already delivering on our promises.
Our achievements over the past six months include:
- Launching a new website and newsletter design
- Launching our Communicator of the Year award program
- Establishing a Student Chapter at USD and hosting three on campus events
- Launching a mentorship program
- Launching a Special Interest Group for our independent communicators
- Launching and hosting four Member Talks webinars
- Hosting three Dine Arounds and our first Brewhaha event
- Holding two professional development events
- Launching a sponsorship program
With so much on offer, I encourage you to explore these new programs and opportunities. The more you get involved, the more you’ll get back from your membership.
- Nominate yourself or a colleague for the Communicator of the Year award – the deadline for submissions is Jan. 6.
- Sign up to be a mentor or a mentee to give guidance or get the support you need – our program kicks off in January.
- Present at one of our professional development events or webinars to showcase your work.
This is an organization led by members, for members. We are doing our best to provide you with access to the best resources, education and networking in San Diego, but to help ensure we’re on the right track we’d like to hear from you. Taking this 5-10 minute survey will help us to meet your needs as a professional organization.
I wish you all a very happy and healthy holiday season.
-Kate Hardman, ABC
President, IABC/San Diego