Job Opportunity: Associate Vice President, Digital Marketing for LPL Financial07 Jun 2013, by IABC/SD News, Job Opportunity in
LPL Financial was founded with a pioneering vision–to help entrepreneurial financial advisors establish successful businesses through which they could offer truly independent financial guidance and advice. Today, as the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer, a top RIA custodian, and a leading independent consultant to retirement plans, LPL Financial is an enabling partner to more than 13,000 financial advisors and approximately 685 financial institutions. We believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. Through our proprietary technology and a suite of customized services, we enable our customers to focus on creating the personal, long-term client relationships that are the foundation for turning life’s aspirations into financial realities.
By tailoring our programs and services to the unique needs of our partners, we help them to stay focused on their core areas of expertise, while enabling them to provide outstanding service and financial advisory strategies to their clients. Being 100% committed to the success of the financial professionals we serve is what has helped LPL Financial become one of the leading diversified financial services organizations in the country, with headquarters in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
The Marketing group manages marketing, branding, digital, conference, customer communication, and public relations activities for the company and creates solutions that drive productivity, loyalty, and growth for our customers. Specifically, the group is responsible for:
- managing our brand and corporate reputation within a complex audience ecosystem that includes customers, end investors, shareholders, the public, and the media;
- delivering comprehensive, multi-channel advertising and lead generation strategies for business development;
- providing customized marketing solutions and collateral;
- creating unique and differentiated conference experiences; and
- providing innovative and relevant social media and digital marketing strategies and solutions
The group is also charged with attracting and developing high quality talent and provides its team members with the opportunity to contribute to becoming the premier financial services marketing team.
This Associate Vice President role will report directly to the Vice President, Digital Marketing. The Digital Marketing department is a recent addition to the Marketing organization and the ability to drive strategy, own critical business initiatives and reinvent LPL’s digital presence are exciting opportunities in this role. Specific responsibilities include:
- developing digital strategies and programs that leverage digital and social to drive business objectives, including successful delivery of online brand strategy
- driving the success of initiatives and directly managing digital projects across cross-functional teams, from discovery to execution. Also includes project budget management, communication planning, vendor oversight and project tracking.
- leading and contributing to continuous improvement efforts across digital properties (inclusive but not limited to SEO optimization, digital media implementation, user-experience and creative development; and web and mobile app development)
- partnering with social media team to drive holistic digital strategy
- providing digital thought leadership, including identification of innovative tools and technologies that demonstrate market leadership, advance technological capabilities, improve efficiencies and are focused on enhancing the user-experience
- analyzing data and recommending optimizations
- oversight of 1 – 2 direct reports
Desired Skills & Experience:
The position requires strong marketing, brand and digital strategy expertise. The successful candidate will have an accelerated learning curve to excel in the fast-pace of LPL and the complex world of Digital. Other ideal skill sets include in-depth understanding of digital and social trends across device (desktop, mobile and tablet); an understanding of audience and competitive insights and how to apply those learnings to drive strategy; desire to create solutions for an ideal user experience; affinity and understanding of technology; team and leadership skills; and keen analytical and business process improvement ability. The ideal candidate will have a results-driven working style and be able to collaborate with professionals across all levels of a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced organization. Specifically requires:
- BA required, with 6 – 8 years of relevant digital marketing experience in-house or at an agency, with knowledge of the paid/earned/owned media model
- experience leading large-scale multi-faceted digital initiatives
- experience analyzing data to successfully deliver data-driven marketing recommendations/decisions
- understanding of content strategy on digital and social channels
- ability to translate strategy to technology development
- ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple initiatives
- experience and desire to collaborate and partner with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
- action orientation, willingness to take the initiative, and a desire to roll-up sleeves and dig into the depths of the business
- grace under pressure and a sense of humor
- strong team work, leadership, and interpersonal skills
Apply online at http://lplfinancial.lpl.com/careers.htm.