Job Opportunity: Manager, Internal Communications for Cricket Communications10 Jun 2013, by IABC/SD News, Job Opportunity in
Cricket Communications, a subsidiary of Leap Wireless, is the pioneer and leader in delivering innovative value-rich prepaid wireless services with no long-term contracts serving approximately 6 million customers. Cricket offers nationwide wireless voice and mobile data services over high-quality, all-digital wireless networks. Cricket’s innovative products and services, including the award-winning Muve Music® – the first music service designed for a wireless phone, are available nationwide at Cricket branded retail stores, dealers, national retailers and at www.mycricket.com.
This position will develop, plan and execute the strategies and tactics to drive content, functionality and usability of the Company’s intranet and social enterprise community to foster increased communication, collaboration, employee engagement and the advancement of the Company’s key business objectives. This position will collaborate with the entire corporate communications team to implement world class employee communications programs, utilizing the Insider and MyCricketNation as key communications channels, to foster and drive employee engagement, awareness and understanding of the Company’s vision, strategy, goals and objectives.
Specific activities include identifying and procuring relevant content; researching, evaluating and recommending new features and functionality; supervising platform upgrades; developing and implementing user training, incentive programs, and various contests, promotions and campaigns; driving user adoption; community monitoring and management; and analytics and reporting. This position supports the VP, Corporate Communications; Director, Employee Communications and the entire Corporate Communications department in using these tools and channels to support the Company’s overall communications goals and objectives.
- Familiarity with and understanding of social media tools and implementation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proven leadership and project management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must be technically savvy and possess basic HTML skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated with the ability to work without much supervision
- Ability to create relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple functions
- Extroverted, energetic and passionate working style
- Knowledge of Cricket
- BS/BAt least five years of progressively responsible work experience
- BS/BA in communications, new media, management information systems Wireless, telecom experience
- Two or more years’ experience with designing, launching and managing an intranet or employee online community
To view the full job description and apply, please click here.