Job Opportunity: Senior Manager, Internal Communications for Cricket Communications24 Jun 2013, by IABC/SD News, Job Opportunity in
Cricket Communications, a subsidiary of Leap Wireless, is the pioneer and leader in delivering innovative value-rich prepaid wireless services with no long-term contracts serving approximately 6 million customers. Cricket offers nationwide wireless voice and mobile data services over high-quality, all-digital wireless networks. Cricket’s innovative products and services, including the award-winning Muve Music® – the first music service designed for a wireless phone, are available nationwide at Cricket branded retail stores, dealers, national retailers and atwww.mycricket.com.
The Manager, Employee Communications II (Senior Manager, Employee Communications) manages the execution of internal corporate communications strategies and tactics that are aligned with the company’s goals, missions, and values. This hands-on position creates, disseminates and manages company-wide internal information that will help employees translate business strategies into action. This position supports the Senior Director, Corporate Communications in defining audiences and objectives for communications, determining appropriate communications channel(s) to accomplish objectives, identifying and involving key stakeholders and sponsors, and measuring effectiveness. The position supports the company’s overarching strategic communications plan, budget, tools, tactics and metrics as key levers of change and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, English or other relevant degrees and work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of internal or external communications experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex information in a clear and engaging way
- Demonstrated successful experience in working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team oriented cultur
- Demonstrated leadership skills and process orientation
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong ability to work in changing environment and executing through complexity
- Ability to be effective in a highly matrixed environment, to effectively communicate with and influence all levels of the organization and drive change
- Strong business acumen including managing to budgets
- Results oriented, excellent follow through skills
- High level of engagement and enthusiasm
- Writing samples required
- High Tech, Telecommunications, Wireless, Retail, Consumer Products
- In-house, corporate internal/employee communications experience strongly preferred.
To view the full job description and apply, please click here.