Birthplace: Baltimore, Maryland
Current Residence: San Diego, California
IABC Member Since: August 2018
“Live the story you want to tell.” – Unknown
When I’m not working, you could find me …
Traveling or running.
Three words that best describe me:
Optimistic, easy-going, adventurous.
My Life in Communications
The biggest communications challenge I’ve faced …
Proving the value of communications to C-suite executives with science backgrounds.
My favorite communications memory is …
Working on the launch of a cure for hepatitis C. I had the opportunity to tell stories of people cured of the disease.
The most important communications or professional lesson I’ve learned is …
Embrace change and stay nimble.
Resources that I really find useful and recommend to other communicators are …
“The Art & Craft of PR” by Sandra Stahl, AP Stylebook, “Difficult Conversations – How to Discuss What Matters Most” by Douglas Stone et. al.
The most valuable thing about my membership with IABC is …
You should know this about me …
I recently relocated from San Francisco to San Diego.
Current Job: Head of Corporate Communications at Cortica, which designs and delivers comprehensive treatment programs for children with autism and their families.
- Senior Director, Corporate Communication; Director, Corporate Communication; Director, Therapeutic Area Communication, Gilead Sciences, 2013-2018.
- Vice President, Healthcare Practice, Waggener Edstrom, 2011-2012.
- Director, Global Communications; Manager, Public Affairs, U.S. Human Health, Merck & Co., Inc., 2005-2011
- Senior Account Supervisor, Account Supervisor, Dorland Global Health Communications (now Tonic Life Communications), 2002-2005
- Account Supervisor, Senior Account Executive, Edelman and Weber Shandwick, 1998-2002