Meet Sharon Corrigan08 Nov 2011, by Meet our Members in
Los Angeles, CA
“If you are ever entirely satisfied with anything you create, it’s time to check out.”
Three words that best describe me:
Tall, direct, detail-oriented.
When I’m not working, you could find me…
Traveling, food & wine, writing, walking dogs or with friends.
My Life in Communications
The biggest communications challenge I have faced…
The general perception of what a communications person is, and their role in an organization, and the experience and knowledge necessary to put themselves in someone elses shoes and effectively transmit the appropriate message.
My favorite communications memory is…
Writing copy for a Christmas ad for a small keyboard one month after taking a job in Australia. I suggested “a great little stocking stuffer,” which has an entirely different meaning down under. That suggestion haunted me for the entire five years I worked there.
The most important communications or professional lesson I’ve learned is…
Pause until you are prepared to respond.
Resources that I really find useful and recommend to other communicators are…
Online consumer review sites, IABC professional development meetings, the IABC World Conference.
You should know this about me…
I don’t do anything half @## except house cleaning.
Director of Communications, Goodwill Industries of San Diego County
- Director of Ethical Business Practices, Better Business Bureau of SD and Imperial Counties
- Asst to the Chairman of Underwater Kinetics and the board of the SD Carrier Museum
- Sales Promotion Officer & Corporate Liasion Caravan Camping & Touring Industry and Manufactured Housing Industry Association of New South Wales
- Sales Promotion Manager Kawai Australia Pty. Ltd
- Advertising Manager Kawai America Corporation
- Vice President JS Iwanaga & Associates (aka House of Design)