Professional certifications through GCCC® give you the opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise, and provide evidence of your outstanding abilities. Becoming certified engages you in a process of life-long learning that elevates your career and provides a structure for keeping your skills fresh and applicable.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
Why Get Certified
As a business communicator, professional certification can elevate your career and help keep your skills fresh and applicable. It provides a great opportunity to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise. And it could help you land your next big opportunity or perform at a higher level in your current role.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what some business communication professionals have said about why they’re choosing GCCC for their certification:
- “I would recommend the CMP certification for anyone who is interested in challenging themselves, anyone who is looking to refresh or test their understanding and knowledge or increase the credibility of the corporate communication function in their organization.” – Carrie Tatsu, CMP
- “I found the SCMP application process to be rigorous and the exam to be challenging, but the reward was well worth it! I am proud to be one of the first SCMPs and I look forward to maintaining my certification for years to come.” —Robin McCasland, SCMP
- “CMP certification provides an excellent opportunity to further develop my skills, learn what areas I need to pay more attention to during my day-to-day work, and obtain independent verification of my experience.” – Heather Johnson, CMP
About GCCC Certifications
GCCC currently offers two levels of certification:
- Communication Management Professional (CMP®) — For generalist, specialist and other business communicators established in their careers as managers and looking to demonstrate their competence.
- Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP®) —For highly skilled business communicators practiced in providing strategic communication advice and counseling to an organization’s leadership.
For detailed information on the CMP® or SCMP® certification program, please see the handbook and application below: