When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Working as part of the Communications team for the Life Sciences Solutions segment within Thermo Fisher Scientific, the Internal Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and executing key communication programs and activities to help drive employee engagement specifically within the company’s BioProduction Division. This division, with over 2,300 employees worldwide and nearly $800 million in revenue, provides Thermo Fisher biotechnology and biopharmaceutical customers with integrated solutions across the entire bioproduction workflow including technologies in cell culture and cell therapy, pharma analytics and single use.
This role will focus on developing strategic communication initiatives including change management, leadership communication, integration-related communication activities for newly acquired businesses, and methods to help our employees better understand the business, technology and BioProduction market and customers. Additionally, the role will be focused on helping to support communication initiatives for programs driven by the Human Resources organization as they are rolled out to BioProduction Division employees, including communications related to talent management, compensation, employee involvement surveys and other HR-led initiatives. The individual in this role will author and edit various feature stories, leadership messages, video scripts and town hall content to help achieve the above goals, and will work both strategically and tactically on various projects. This position will dual-report to the employee communications leader and the Vice President of HR for the division and be based in Carlsbad, CA.
- Working with the Senior Director of Communications in conjunction with division/function HR and division/function management, establish targeted internal communications strategy/mechanisms to deliver overall business specific messaging to division employees and help drive employee engagement.
- Provides executive level leadership communications support under the direction of team leader or HRVP for the BioProduction Division President and members of the division leadership team
- Serve as liaison with other communication team members across the group in order to provide a connection point to division-specific information
- Provides communications support and guidance for employee engagement initiatives.
- Serve as employee communications liaison to assess targeted needs and facilitate understanding of specific stakeholder groups as it relates to program and project roll-outs and change management efforts within the division.
- Manages change management initiatives for BioProduction and other BioProduction site related communication needs.
- Project manages various employee communication initiatives as needed.
- Manage the division’s presence on the corporate intranet.
- Working in conjunction with other team members, write, edit and deliver content for various BioProduction, HR or other group/company-side initiatives.
- Creates content for town hall presentations, manager communication decks, intranet and digests to help achieve above strategic responsibilities.
- Writes leadership blogs, scripts or other communication content as needed.
- Works to bring customer stories related to BioProduction to our employees.
- Writes, reviews and edits organizational announcements and other communication as needed, ensuring appropriate corporate processes are followed.
- Manages items related to the overall group internal communications strategy as needed.
- May be assigned other communication responsibilities in internal, customer communications or PR as needed.
- Minimum 6 years progressive experience in corporate or employee communications, with an emphasis on change management, project management and employee engagement initiatives.
- Expert writer, editor and communicator.
- Excellent PowerPoint capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher learning program, with majors in communications, public relations, journalism, or similar discipline; advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to work with senior executives from across the organization.
- Experience in social media platforms, intranet content development and other communication technology.
- Experience in creating and implementing change management strategies.
- Ability to travel domestically 15 % as needed.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
ICW Group Innsurance Companies- San Diego, CA
Plays a key role in building brand awareness and image through the development of internal and external marketing communications.
Essential Functions of the Job:
– Lead role in partnering with graphic design and customer experience teams in developing a broad range of marketing communications – internal corporate communications (e.g., intranet, executive outreach, crisis communications), external facing marketing vehicles – sales collateral, websites, webinars, events, and other marketing related content.
– Direct interface with senior executives and subject matter experts in key areas of the organization (e.g., executive leadership, worker’s compensation, risk management services, human resources, field operations, etc.) in order to develop strategy and guide execution of respective communication campaigns.
– Oversee company’s public relations and social media strategy across multiple outlets – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, P&C Trade Media, etc.
– Handle media relations and guide message development in support of business objectives and thought leadership initiatives (craft press releases, guide media interviews, etc.).-Generate new/creative ideas in close collaboration with Enterprise Marketing Team.
BA Degree in Marketing/Communications/PR or related. Minimum 7+ years of B2B communications – preferably financial services industry
Strong written skills across multiple channels (i.e., print, online, social media, etc.) and types (including press releases, social medial content, communication plans, email marketing). Experienced in developing and presenting marketing strategy to business stakeholders and executive management. High energy, team player, works well within creative environment. Excellent project management/leadership skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment. Proficiency in Microsoft Office – with strong PowerPoint skills.
San Diego County Water Authority-Kearny Mesa (San Digo County), California
The candidate selected for this Public Affairs Representative I position will be focused on website management, including digital communications, and will assist in the coordination of social and digital media, and other online communications. The Public Affairs Representative I will play a major role in managing the Water Authority’s websites and social media content, ensuring the sites are maintained, updated and evaluated for effectiveness and efficiency.
Saint-Gobain – San Diego, CA
The Global Marketing Communications Manager will align the company’s vision with the marketplace through outstanding creation and delivery of advertising, public relations, printed marketing materials, digital media, events and all messaging and communications that face Global stakeholders. This exciting position reports to the Marketing Director for Window Films…
Otay Water District – San Diego, CA
The ideal candidate is an action-oriented professional with strong media relations, community programs experience, and business contacts. The ideal candidate will also have experience in identifying and creating opportunities to strengthen the District’s community engagement and promote agency programs. Water policy knowledge and experience working on water issues is desired, but not required. Bilingual fluency in Spanish is highly desired to promote and develop community outreach presentations and materials, as well represent and assist the District at meetings and translate materials…