Communicator of the Year Award Nomination Deadline – Feb. 27, 201519 Dec 2014, by Event Archive in
The deadline to submit a nomination is Feb. 27, 2015. The COTY will be recognized in a special award presentation in April 2015. Entries are evaluated according to the following criteria with equal weight given to each area.
Demonstrates strong leadership, management and communication skills
- The COTY recognizes the significance of the communication function and includes key communicators in the development of the organization’s strategic plan in order to demonstrate a commitment to engaging key stakeholders. In addition, the COTY embraces a leading role in the delivery of the communication program to entrench a position as the definitive leader of the organization and all that it represents.
- The COTY encourages a defined process to measure the impact and effectiveness of the organization’s communication programs.
Develops communication strategies that contribute to the ongoing success of the organization
- The COTY has encouraged and endorsed the development of a strategic communication plan identifying core values, key messages, delivery channels, key milestones, and measurements of success.
Uses effective internal and external communications
- The COTY has endorsed a formal and informal detailed strategic plan to communicate to all internal and external stakeholders in both traditional and non-traditional formats the vision, objectives and priorities of the organization.
- The COTY views communications as a tool to gain greater understanding (and support) among key stakeholders of the challenges and successes of the organization. On an on-going basis the COTY encourages and participates in evolving new and innovative methods of communication.
Communicates to diverse audiences
- The COTY takes an active role in multi-faceted, multi-stakeholder communication demonstrating openness and encouraging support for the achievement of the organization’s objectives. The COTY will encourage programs to measure the impact of these efforts and adapt accordingly to achieve the desired communications results.
Exemplifies the role of leader in communication
- The COTY will have a demonstrated track record and commitment to both corporate and community citizenship.
- The organization must be Greater San Diego Area-based.
- The nominee must have at least one year tenure in their current position as of Jan. 5, 2015
- The nominee must be an IABC member
The call for nominations is designed to create dialogue in the Greater San Diego Area communication community. Members and non-members may submit a nomination. Nominations do not have to be for a leader within your own organization – nomination of communication excellence wherever it might be is encouraged. To nominate someone, submit a short rationale (two pages maximum) about the individual, touching on the criteria listed. Please note:
- Nominations do not have to be from your own organization
- IABC members and non-members may nominate; however, the nominee must be an IABC member
- You may submit more than one nomination
- Information provided in the nomination will be kept confidential.
Nominations must include:
- Name of the nominator
- Contact phone number
- E-mail address
- Name of nominee
- Title and affiliation
- Written biography with complete career history
- A complete and concise description of achievements in the above criteria. Entries are evaluated according to the following criteria with equal weight given to each area.
Email nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
COTY questions should be directed to the IABC-San Diego, President-Elect, Sarah Bilyeu at email@example.com.