December 2012 President’s Letter – Thank You for All You Do05 Dec 2012, by Be Heard Blog, IABC/SD News in
As 2012 comes to a close, I want to thank you for all you do for IABC San Diego. Your membership, professional insight and connections are invaluable to our chapter. You have graciously donated your time and talents in so many ways – for networking, education, volunteer support and more.
I am particularly lucky to have a remarkable board that inspires me on a daily basis to better serve our local communications community through IABC San Diego. They are dedicated, thoughtful, and energetic, and take tremendous initiative. And they do all they do for us as volunteers, all the while holding down fast-paced day jobs, personal obligations and families. If you haven’t met our outstanding board members, I hope you will have the opportunity to do so in the upcoming year. Keep an eye out for:
- Kate Hardman, president elect
- Jennifer Nance, past president/senior delegate
- Mark Hersberger, VP of administration
- Chris Alvarez, VP of communication
- Jan McGinn, VP of finance
- Despina Papadatos, VP of marketing/PR and director of member promotion
- Jack Chirrick, VP of membership
- Melissa Eckmann, VP of professional development
- Lisa Hunter, director of accreditation
- Cathy Hooper, director of events
- Tomy Gysie, director of special events
- Kara McDermott, director of member recruitment
- Rebecca Bloomfield, director of social media
- JP Garcia, director of web content
- Stephanie Grant, director of sponsorship
- Brett Doucette, director of independent and student outreach
It is our goal to make your membership something that invigorates your career. This month when our board meets for our year-end celebration we will be discussing new ways to give back to members so you get the most out of IABC. If you have any ideas about what you’d like to see from the chapter in 2013, please respond to me here or find me on Twitter.
Happy holidays to you and your loved ones.
Angie Robert, President
IABC San Diego