September 6: Beyond Books: Communication in the Academic Library14 Jun 2019, by in
IABC-San Diego is kicking off the 2019-20 year with an exclusive, members-only event at Geisel Library on the UC San Diego campus. Join us on Friday, September 6 from 9:00-11:15 a.m. Learn how internal communications operates at the UC San Diego Library, get special access to view behind-the-scenes Dr. Seuss collections, experience how the library communicates via public tours, and discover cool media technology in the Digital Media Lab.
A light breakfast, coffee, and tea will be provided. Reserved parking on the UCSD campus is also included.
Act quickly! Register here by September 5 for one of the last three remaining openings.
- 9:00-9:15 a.m. – Welcome & light breakfast with coffee/tea in the Seuss Room
- 9:15-10:00 a.m. – Quick presentation of Geisel and the role of Internal Communications – Presented by Kacy Vega, Director of Internal Communications
- 10:00-10:30 a.m. – Seuss’s legacy at Geisel; Boids & Beasties Exhibition – Presented by Lynda Claassen, Director of Special Collections & Archives
- 10:30-11:00 a.m. – Library tour (history of the building; art highlights) – Facilitated by Gen Thipatima (Spaces, Lending & Access)
- 11:00-11:15 a.m. – Tour ends at Digital Media Lab – Presented by Scott McAvoy (Spaces, Lending & Access)
DATE AND TIME
Friday, September 6, 2019
9 – 11:15 AM PST
9500 Gilman Drive
San Diego, CA 92093
The price of your ticket includes breakfast and parking.
Photography Note: Photos will be taken throughout the event, and some photographs will be shared in our communications. Please let Xochitl Cerda or another IABC-San Diego Board member know during the event if you do not wish to have your picture made public.
Have questions about Beyond Books: Communication in the Academic Library? Contact IABC San Diego