Job Opportunity: Assistant Web Master for San Diego International Airport27 Aug 2013, by IABC/SD News, Job Opportunity in
The San Diego County Regional Airport Authority currently seeks an Assistant Web Master who is passionate and has specialized experience in the development, design, testing, implementation and maintenance of websites and Intranets; uses graphic design and video development and editing skills to support business, operational and public service needs; and performs related duties as assigned.
Job Description and Duties:
- Supports the development, design and updating of content for all internal and external websites; designs, maintains and enhances the graphic elements of the site(s) to support content; writing, editing and graphic design, including airport and travel information, employment and business opportunities at the Authority, press releases and announcements, FAQs, and other current news, activities and events that support the Authority as a whole.
- Assists in ensuring information displayed on the website is accurate, timely, visually friendly and easily accessible; works with internal and external stakeholders to update information; acts as back up to Web Master and identifies and maintains links to other websites to inform and assist the general public.
- Assists in monitoring web technology trends and innovations for application and implementation to the Authority’s website; acts as a secondary point of contact for internal requests to place new or updated information on the Authority’s website and Intranet. Supports the webmaster with graphic design and video editing for all web-related graphics.
- Responds to internal customer inquiries, requests, and concerns relating to the internal and external websites and assists in graphic design and video development needs, as well as in disseminating a wide variety of information through the web.
- A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from a college or university with a major in web design, web development, marketing, public relations, communications or a closely related field; and at least one year of experience developing and supporting web content and graphic design.
- Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements: A valid Class C California driver’s license and the ability to maintain insurability under the Authority’s Vehicle Insurance Program.
For more information and to apply online, please check out the Careers site under Job Openings on San Diego International Airport’s website: www.san.org/careers.