Job Opportunity: Marketing Communications Manager for Petco24 Sep 2013, by IABC/SD News, Job Opportunity in
Manage the planning, communication, and implementation of key Petco’s key national brand initiatives to include production timelines, content coordination, production scheduling, follow-through/approvals, and cross-functional outreach with appropriate associates and departments. This includes a variety of go to market launches including but not limited to: Holiday, Planet Petco and the development of targeted public relations platforms to further support media outreach around market makeover campaigns, national in-store events (i.e. National Adoption Weekends, Health & Wellness Events, Fun & Fashion), national campaign roll outs, product launches. Manage key agency relationships as required.
This position is composed of a variety of different tasks, few of which are covered by general operating procedures.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Manage the planning, communication and implementation of key brand initiative programs, including Think Adoption First, Petco PARK, Fur, Feathers & Fins, added value media extensions, and non-traditional strategic partnerships.
- Manage as directed the facilitation of various media outreach needs at the national, regional, and local level.
- Develop and coordinate the production of internal communication pieces such as planners, information/action memos, signage, Intranet, and bulletin messages as they relate to communication of special national projects.
- Manage the creation and distribution of all program collateral and communication, including drafting original copy as required and coordinating production scheduling
- Communicate details of promotional plans across the organization to insure flawless execution (store level, support departments, instructing/supporting at store level and field personnel with plans, procedures and deadlines for promotions, District Managers and Regional Marketing Coordinators).
- Oversee development and delivery of reporting metrics for team’s key programs on a consistent basis with necessary support teams.
- Work with merchandising team to build competitive offers with concrete reporting measurement and analytics as part of program initiatives.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes
The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards. Less than 10% travel is required.
Minimum of 5-7 years progressively responsible related marketing experience managing events, projects and/or promotions, public relations activities, along with project budgets/timelines preferably in a multi-unit retail environment. Communication skills, both oral and written, including “media presence.” Ability to provide creative leadership and think strategically and purposefully while managing a variety of projects. Proven ability to motivate and manage teams cross functionally to align behind a common platform; highly collaborative. Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to provide financial oversight for budgets. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to create, implement and troubleshoot promotional planners that include writing and communicating instructions and strategy to external agencies as well as internal personnel. In addition, candidates must be familiar with a Windows environment and be able to create and manipulate documents and spreadsheets as necessary. Must be able to handle multiple projects successfully in a faced paced environment. .An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may substitute for a degree.
For more information and to apply, please click here.