Job Opportunity: Social Media Lead for LPL Financial22 Jul 2013, by IABC/SD News, Job Opportunity in
LPL Financial was founded with a pioneering vision–to help entrepreneurial financial advisors establish successful businesses through which they could offer truly independent financial guidance and advice. Today, as the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer, a top RIA custodian, and a leading independent consultant to retirement plans, LPL Financial is an enabling partner to more than 13,000 financial advisors and approximately 685 financial institutions. We believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. Through our proprietary technology and a suite of customized services, we enable our customers to focus on creating the personal, long-term client relationships that are the foundation for turning life’s aspirations into financial realities.
By tailoring our programs and services to the unique needs of our partners, we help them to stay focused on their core areas of expertise, while enabling them to provide outstanding service and financial advisory strategies to their clients. Being 100% committed to the success of the financial professionals we serve is what has helped LPL Financial become one of the leading diversified financial services organizations in the country, with headquarters in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
The Marketing group manages marketing, branding, digital, conference, customer communication, and public relations activities for the company and creates solutions that drive productivity, loyalty, and growth for our customers. Specifically, the group is responsible for:
- managing our brand and corporate reputation within a complex audience ecosystem that includes customers, end investors, shareholders, the public, and the media;
- delivering comprehensive, multi-channel advertising and lead generation strategies for business development;
- providing customized marketing solutions and collateral;
- creating unique and differentiated conference experiences; and
- providing innovative and relevant social media and digital marketing strategies and solutions
The group is also charged with attracting and developing high quality talent and provides its team members with the opportunity to contribute to becoming the premier financial services marketing team.
Desired Skills & Experience
Ideal candidates will be extremely skilled in optimizing processes and programs for more effective and efficient integration and love working with other people. Someone who loves order, process and has strong organization skills will be well-suited for this position.
Online Community Manager
- Act as the frontline brand manager by interacting with Advisors and Investors in real time on various web platforms
- Act as liaison across the internet – participating in minute-by-minute online conversations by answering questions, offering solutions and mediating conversations
- Creating and schedule content for feeds and sparking discussion on various social networking sites
- Will work with cross functional teams both within marketing and across the LPL Enterprise
Social Media Manager
- Work with agency and brand team to develop and execute the strategic social media and digital initiatives including viral marketing campaigns, supervising high-profile channel accounts e.g. on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter.
- Influence client behavior across new media channels, analyzing client-initiated discussions and advising appropriate marketing, sales and Service360 teams
- Work with VP content to develop content for posting on all designated social media outlets
- Monitoring competitor presence (blogs, channels)
- SEO optimization and integration into major campaigns
- Monitoring an analysis of social media trends and their impact on LPL
- Work with marketing analytics to develop and monitor social media/online dashboards and metrics
- Work with Advisor and Channel marketing teams to coordinate the marketing calendar with online activity
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Understanding of content management and social scheduling systems.
- Good knowledge of social networking channels
- Sharp wit
- Must be available to work during non-standard business hours
- General understanding of regulatory and compliance rules.
- Minimum Education Required: Undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, related fields or significant relevant job experience.
- Minimum Experience Required: 5-7 years of work in marketing project management at a company or within an agency. Preference given if experience includes Financial Services company (Broker/Dealer or RIA).
- Knowledge and understanding of agency-client relationships. Previous experience managing an advertising agency relationship strongly preferred.
- Experience working with digital and traditional marketing programs.
- An understanding of the creative process and ability to keep stakeholders on target and on task throughout.
- Ability to keep multiple projects on track in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and demonstrated ability to present complex issues to management.
For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com.