Job Opportunity: Sr. Healthcare Writer for UC San Diego19 Apr 2013, by Job Opportunity in
Seeking a Sr. Healthcare Writer that will research, write, edit, proof and organize cross-media health content by understanding, applying, and disseminating content best practices as part of a larger, cross-functional team. Writing will focus on various clinical programs, such as, but not limited to cardiovascular, cancer, women and infants, and surgery.The majority of writing will be for corporate communications, internal communications, marketing creative collateral such as print (flyers, brochures, newsletters), advertising, audiovisual (PowerPoint; video scripting), social media, e-mail and direct mail. This position will be reporting to both the Senior Manager of Content Strategy and Director of Internal Communications.
Job Duties Include:
- Independently research credible health-related source materials (websites, journals, etc.) and annotate source materials.
- Interview health care professionals and administrators of all levels.
- Write health-related content that adheres to the editorial standards, accuracy, and quality, as well as voice and tone, established for the University.
- Write content for corporate messages from Senior Leadership.
- Fact check new and existing content and access credible source materials (websites, journals, etc.) for verification.
- Must have approximately 5 years of experience writing health care content for consumer (patient), professional (doctor, nurse, etc.), and internal (employee) audiences as well as content for corporate messages from Senior Leadership.
- 10 years of experience as a collateral/content writer.
- Direct experience as a copywriter in an ad agency capacity.
- Experience writing copy for print, direct mail, advertising, audiovisual (PowerPoint), social media and the Web.
- Must have strong interviewing skills and feel comfortable interviewing health care professionals and administrators of all levels.
To view the full job description and apply, please click here.