Meet Edye Bagheri01 Jul 2010, by Meet our Members in
Los Angeles, Calif.
San Marcos, Calif.
“Do unto others, as you would have them do onto you.”
Three words that best describe me:
Devoted, intuitive, Scorpio
When I’m not working, you could find me…
Gardening, long walks, reading, traveling or motorcycle riding.
My Life in Communications
The biggest communications challenge I have faced…
Was of course presenting in front of a room filled with VIPs.
My favorite communications memory is…
Experiencing self-assurance and knowing I did a great job presenting!
The most important communications or professional lesson I’ve learned is…
It is not always about grammar, but about grammar and what is required of your organization’s system-wide internal and external communications principles.
Resources that I really find useful and recommend to other communicators are…
AP Stylebook, The Elements of Style, The Copyeditor’s Handbook by Einsohn and Webster’s Dictionary
You should know this about me…
- I like to surround myself with positive energy whether it is a sprouting orchid or a group of individuals who like to live life like it is the last day of their life. I try to practice this daily.
- I take my jobs seriously, any task given to me; I make sure it gets done the most efficient and smart way.
- Family and friends are precious to me.
- Health is always on my mind.
- I love to travel.
- Letting go is harder than embracing someone.
- I am a wine connoisseur; my favorite is a good sauvignon blanc or a cabernet.
Marketing Communications Manager, Scripps Coastal Medical Centers, 1998 to present:
- Assist in development and implementation of marketing plan by providing strategic tactics, administrative and clerical support to contribute to the Marketing Department’s external and internal goals.
- Promote Scripps’ physicians and services through contacts of professional organizations, employers, Chamber of Commerce offices and brokers.
- Work with marketing team to participate, prioritize and assist in various local/community events.
- Assist marketing director with building community relations, marketing projects, strategic priority planning tactics, reporting of R.O.I., advertising, internal activities and other projects as assigned. Develop, review and revise external and internal collaterals as needed. Assist other Scripps entities and their marketing team large events: San Diego Golf Tournament and community health fairs.
- Promote Scripps service lines targeting San Diego County employers through relationship building with HR professionals and identify and develop opportunities to increased patient population through their health events.