Our ideal Account Executive is a financial news junkie, who loves the thrill of pitching top-tier business media and managing client PR campaigns. Pitching the Wall Street Journal? No problem. Searching and networking for the next great speaking opportunity for a client? Of course! You live to see your clients featured in the spotlight.
If you enjoy rubbing elbows and supporting some of the brightest names in financial services with brand-building public relations and marketing campaigns, we want to hear from you. Our office environment is a laid-back, fun setting -but make no mistake – we work hard and play hard! Expect a fast paced day and plenty of opportunity to shine and be rewarded for your hard work.
Job Duties Include:
- Key day-to-day contact for client, project management of 5-7 key client accounts
- Managing Account Coordinators/Interns and partnering with other KCD PR team members on content creation and support of collateral materials and client events
- Participates in day-to-day media monitoring of client and industry news
- Creating press releases, fact sheets and various other press materials
- Strategizing on public relations and marketing goals and objectives
- Pitching/conversing with local, regional and national business media on behalf of KCD PR clients
- Managing social media marketing strategy for new clients and knowledge to use Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter and Youtube
- E-Marketing management, blog posts and landing page content creation
- Utilizing social media platforms to promote client news/events updating/creating pages for clients, web content revisions for client web sites
- Editing web site content, uploading videos, managing quality control of client work
Salary: Competitive salary based on commensurate experience, 401 (k) program with company match and company profit sharing contributions, health care stipend, generous PTO policy, direct deposit, mass-transit/biking incentives, company softball team, team outings to Padres games.
Qualifications (*Must meet all criteria*)
Candidates with previous experience working in related roles in the financial services industry will be given priority. No recent graduates will be considered.
- 2+ Years previous PR or marketing agency experience (and financial services clients) is must
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Communications, Marketing, Finance, Business or related field).
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Office programs
- Editing web content via WordPress or other content management system is a plus, knowledge of how to make basic web content changes.
- Knowledge of financial media and financial terminology related to publicly traded companies
- Track record of media results success on local and national level
- Experience managing multiple client accounts and a team of internal resources
- Superior, proven written and oral communication skills and an obsession with detail-oriented results
- Ability to speak with clients, participate on conference calls and maintain high level of professionalism and maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Knowledge of Act-On or Hubspot marketing software systems a plus