LATEST NEWSSee All
A LETTER FROM OUR PRESIDENT – May 2020
There’s a number of great IABC webinars coming up:
- May 21, 7-8 a.m. PT: Have Comms Imposter Syndrome? Here are 3 Concrete Steps to Overcome Doubt at the Boardroom Table
- May 27, 11 a.m.-12 p.m. PT: Keep on Marketing: Marketing During Uncertain Times
- June 3, 1-2 p.m. PT: Leading in a Visual, Social and Mobile Workplace
Nominations Closed: 2020 Communicator of the Year
We appreciate the nominations submitted for the sixth annual COTY award. Due to COVID-19, we have moved the presentation from May to June and will announce the new date and location as soon as we can, based on the event protocols at that time.
ABOUT IABCSee All
WHO IS IABC?
IABC is the association of choice for communication professionals around the world. Setting a standard of excellence since 1970, the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is a vibrant global membership association with a network of 12,000 members in more than 80 countries, representing many of the Global Fortune 500 companies. In San Diego, our chapter continues to grow and now has more than 120 members representing many of our city’s most recognized companies.
IABC serves professionals in the field of business communication, bringing together the profession’s collective disciplines. We deliver on the Global Standard in communication through our educational offerings, certification, awards program, resource library, online magazine and annual World Conference. We support our community of business communication professionals with innovative thinking, shared best practices, in-depth learning and career guidance.
Whether you’re a corporate communicator, independent consultant, academic or student, IABC has the resources, connections and learning opportunities you need to move your career forward. We give you the ability to connect to a global communication network, stay informed about emerging trends and best practices, learn from top experts, gain recognition for your outstanding work and join a community of communication professionals around the world who are striving to be the best in the profession. Our chapter serves as a vibrant resource for career growth, professional development, networking, mentorship and channels for you to Be Heard. As a member of IABC/San Diego, you have exclusive access to information, tools, resources and services that provide ideas and solutions for the business communications issues you face today and may face tomorrow.
- Member pricing on all IABC events
- Exclusive members-only networking opportunities
- Blogging/speaker opportunities
- Accreditation coaching
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities
- Discounted pricing on industry events
- Opportunities to gain industry recognition through awards and certification
- Access to our Special Interest Groups
- Access to International community
New and renewal membership rates for 2015 are as follows:
- New Membership: $304 annual dues + $40 application fee JOIN NOW!
- Renewal Membership: $304 annual dues RENEW NOW!
- New/Renewal Student Membership: $49 annual dues JOIN NOW!
- *Transitional Membership: 50% off international dues JOIN NOW!*Professionals who have graduated from a degree program from an accredited institution in the last year are eligible for the student transition rate
For more information about membership options including corporate memberships and payment plans, click here.
MEET OUR MEMBERS
IABC/San Diego members are from a variety of backgrounds and representing all facets of the communications profession. We enjoy highlighting our members on our website and social media so we can learn more about each other and help foster connections and networking opportunities. If you’d like to be featured, please email email@example.com.
At IABC/San Diego, we’re working hard to provide the most valuable resources and programs, but what do our members think? Hear about member benefits, initiatives and programs directly through our video testimonials.
Missed an event? Don’t sweat! Our members get exclusive access to presentations in our event archive. Just log in using your IABC Member ID and password, and a wealth of knowledge and best practices will be at your fingertips. You’ll get the most out of our programs if you attend in person. Check our events page and social media channels to sign up for future events.
IABC/San Diego connects you to a range of communication resources and tools designed to help you take the next step in your career – whether you are just starting out, or are looking for your next challenge. Through career planning, mentorship, special interest groups and accreditation/certification, you can count on IABC to help you succeed.